DCSMAT has kept pace with the fast changing world of information technology. The entire documentation is stored in electronic format, using a centralized server, the share point server. The IT infrastructure, using a plethora of applications is well coordinated with intelligent content both in administration as well as academics. Both decision making and organizational learning benefit tremendously from this approach.
We have an aesthetically designed, well stocked libraries which plays a pivotal role in imparting knowledge. The libraries have a representative collection of books, journals, online databases and management CDs and are probably the largest amongst the private colleges. The DCSMAT libraries are growing as national reference centres in business management, arts, architecture and allied disciplines.
Notable Facts• Books – Over 33000 books
• Periodicals (National and International) – 108
• Journals with Electronic Access - 18
• E-journal databases (Online databases) - 3
• External Memberships - American Library, British Council Library and Delnet
• Automation - Library operations are automated with Koha software with in-house barcoding facility for all volumes and memberships. Bibliographic data of all the books have been created with AACR II (Anglo American Cataloguing Code) and available through OPAC. Patrons are provided with login ID to check issue/return status, renewal of books, etc. on WEB OPAC.
Project Hornbill is an initiative of DCSMAT digital library. It supports and acquisition and creative use of the institute’s knowledge resources of all types of formats.
• Uses state of the art technology in hardware, software and networking for deploying digital items for research, teaching learning and other academic requirements of the business school.
• Hosts a large number of resources
• It is a repository of e-books on business and management, architecture, arts and related areas, archives of course plans and course materials, case studies from IIMs, Harvard, ECCH, Annual reports, company related data, content data base of electronic journals, public domain resources from Internet and documents archives of SDI Services (Selective Dissemination of Information).
• Project Hornbill uses streaming technologies for delivering video and audio content over the campus intranet.
DCSMAT has a list of online subscriptions of databases with a record subscription rate in the region with the finest collections of E-journals in management, architecture and allied disciplines with archives (Around 1500). This ensures that students have access to the latest information
in the field of management, arts and architecture.
• We also subscribe to an online data base of 550 full text journals in the field of computer science and capitaline, a complete corporate database and e-book library consortium.
• Our digital library also has 3,00,000 e-books in its collection.
• Powered by the world famous open source software green stone, it is capable of delivering the intended content anytime, anywhere in the campus through our wi-fi network.
• One of the unique facilities that the digital library provides is 500 plus visual advertisements.
Streaming Media Services
DCSMAT is one of the major educational institutions in India to have a dedicated higher end streaming server for delivering video streams of classes over its intranet and internet. DCSMAT captures videos from guest sessions, guest faculty sessions, important class modules and topics and other curricular and extra curricular activities of students, presentations by student groups, research initiatives by the school. MDPs, FDPs and all the programmes of importance. The famous quick time architecture is being used for the streaming services of those videos. The 24 x 7 availability of the videos will help the DCSMT community to learn important class room sessions and other programs at their own schedules.
The campus (including the classroom and hostels of the B-school) is fully wi-fi enabled and DCSMAT has been one of the first institutions in Kerala to have installed this facility. Laptops are compulsory for the students in the campus. The computer centre of the school is equipped with 60 nodes and all the machines are Pentium based. Complying with intellectual property rights, DCSMAT Institutions have Microsoft Licensed software for all its systems in the campus. The campus-wide high speed wi-fi (100 mbps) helps the community to access the intranet / internet through their laptops from anywhere in the campus. Students have access to a variety of mainstream PC software including industry standard application packages and a wide range of windows software. The computer centre has a web server and a mail server for various applications.
To supplement the resources in our library, we have institutional membership with the British library and American information Resource Centre (AIRC). Books, audio visual materials and documentation services from these centers are regularly made use of at our library.